<< Go Back up to Region ‘Ohio’
|Follow Mike Hume’s Historic Theatre Photography:|
Architect: Thomas W. Lamb
First Opened: 5th February 1921 (101 years ago)
Former Names: Loew’s State
Telephone: (216) 771-4444
First opened in early 1921, the State Theatre originally sat 3,400. The vaudeville and movie theatre was designed in the Italian Renaissance style by architect Thomas W. Lamb, and was intended to be the flagship of the Ohio branch of the Loew’s Theatres chain.